Weekday sessions (morning, afternoon, evening):
- Parish organisations – £25
- Others – £30
Weekend sessions (morning, afternoon, evening):
- Parish Organisations – £35
- Others – £45
- £40. for Children’s Parties (12 years and under)
- £80 for Adults’ Parties
Please note that when booking your time slot please include your setting up and clearing up time as others may be using the Room before and after.
Booking Secretary: 01329 832107.
Main Key Holder: 01329 832107
Additional Key Holder: 01329 832319
Treasurer (for deposit refund): 01329 832319
Terms and Conditions of Hire
1. All hirers must be familiar with and observe the Health and Safety policy and the Child and Vulnerable Adult Safeguarding policy. Copies of these are available on the Shedfield Reading Room website and are displayed in the hall.
2. A deposit of £150 (£100 for children’s parties) is required as surety against damage for any private lettings and lettings to non “bona fide” organisations.
3. The deposit will be required one month in advance of hire date. Cheques will be banked.
4. The deposit, less deductions for damage and extra cleaning, will be refunded to the individual lodging the deposit, one week after the let. Should the deposit not be reclaimed in six months it will be forfeited.
5. The Shedfield Reading Room may not be booked by any person under the age of 18.
6. The booking secretary has authority to decide the appropriate letting charge, the requirement for the deposit, and can veto a let if not fully satisfied in all matters.
7. The hirer is to limit the attendance to 80 persons unless special permission has been granted in writing.
8. It is a requirement that the hirer shall be responsible for leaving the premises and surrounds in a clean and tidy condition, properly locked and secured and that any contents temporarily removed from their actual positions properly replaced. Further the hirer shall not store or leave property in or on the premises without the express permission in writing of the Reading Room Management Committee.
9. The use of any form of fixing that damages the wood panelling, the stage wall or any part of the building is expressly forbidden. Confetti like items also not to be used.
10. The water heater is situated in the kitchen and is to be turned OFF on departure.
11. The key is to be returned to the combination lock at conclusion of the function.
· The Hall is a NO SMOKING venue. A wall mounted bin is provided for cigarette butts outside.
· Fire. Please make yourself familiar with Fire Exits and location of fire extinguishers; check that no “live” cigarette ends are left lying about and all lights are switched off.